Your privacy is at the center of every decision we make. Trust doesn’t come easy — and we’re doing everything we can to earn yours.
We’re a small team with just three engineers, building a product we love. We use SELECT ourselves everyday, so our incentives are aligned with yours.
Your data is handled the same way we want our own data handled. It’s that simple.
We do not serve advertisements. We do not sell your data. We collect as little information about you as possible, and delete it as soon as possible.
We collect data on a need-to-know basis — only what’s necessary to run SELECT. Here’s the types of data we collect and store:
- Data you enter: like your telephone number, email address, username, display name, photo, gender, and birth date.
- Data your phone provides with your permission: like your phone address book contacts, approximate location, and data required for push notifications (such as device ID and device type).
We have zero interest in profiling you, so we do not collect sensitive information, such as your race or ethnic background, your political or religious views, your relationship status or sexual preferences, or your emotional state.
We collect data from third parties only if it improves your experience, for example to help you connect with people in SELECT, and we don’t store this data long-term.
You are the user, not the product. We serve you, and no one else.
We collect your data with your explicit consent, and use your data for purposes that benefit you, such as:
- Keep your account secure and prevent abuse. For example, by using your telephone number to identify your account, we protect against spammers, and help you recover your account should you need it.
- Personalize your experience. For example, if you want to share something with guys in their twenty-somethings in New York, we make that easy to do. We believe in sharing with the right people, not just anybody.
- Continuously improve SELECT. For example, if we notice a bunch of people using SELECT in France, we may begin studying French to serve French-speakers better. Bonjour mes amis!
We use trustworthy service providers, and share data only when absolutely necessary.
In order to run SELECT, we share your data with third party service providers. We make sure each service provider maintains rigorous privacy and security practice, and share the minimum data needed to utilize each service. We don’t sell your data to anyone.
Your data is transferred to Singapore or other countries where our service providers are located. Data protection laws in these locations may be different than in your country.
We may disclose your data if mandated by legal request, or if we believe it is necessary to address other concerns, such as safety and security. Please share responsibly, so it doesn’t come to that.
We make it easy to do whatever you want with your data — because it’s yours.
In SELECT, you can use the Erase feature to delete anything you’ve sent. When you do, it will be deleted from other users’ phones as well as from our servers (as soon as each recipient opens SELECT and connects to our servers).
We store your account data on our servers as long as your SELECT account is active. You can access, correct, suspend, transfer, or delete your data. Or you can delete your entire account and all associated data. Contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll complete your request promptly.
You can opt-out of emails by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails we send you.
You must be 16 years of age or older to use SELECT. If you find a child under 16 is using SELECT, please report to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to delete the child’s account and all associated data promptly.
We welcome your comments or questions. Email us at email@example.com or contact us at the following address:
SELECT Privacy Requests
Suite 603 6/F Laws Commercial Plaza
788 Cheung Sha Wan Road
Kowloon (KLN), Hong Kong